Pick a Yoga Type -
Find a Yoga Class For Beginners -
What to carry to Yoga class on your first day-
Warm-up before doing intense Yoga postures -
- Have a big meal right before class. Eat light meals 3 hours before your class. However if you have a fast metabolism and would be hungry during class, have some juice or nuts 30 mins prior to starting your exercises
- Wear shoes or socks during class. Yoga is practised barefoot and wearing shoes would restrict some movements
- Neglect persistent pains in spite of regular yoga exercises
- Over-exercise. You could damage your muscles. Realize your limits and take one step at a time
- Continue practising yoga even if you feel sore at the end of your first class
- Drink at least 3-4 litres of water during the day as it will help you to flush out the toxins that are released during your yoga practice.
- Tell the teacher it's your first class (you probably won't be the only one).
- Ask for help if you need it
- Relax at the end of the class. Lie down for a few minutes to allow your body to come back to equilibrium