Surya Namaskar (Sun Salutation):
Step 1: Pranamasan (Prayer Pose):
Step 2: Hasta Uttanasana (Raised Arm Position):
Step 3: Pada Hastasana (Forward Bend while Standing):
Step 4: Ashwa-Sanchalan-asana (Equestrian Pose)
Step 5: Parvatasana (Mountain Pose):
Step 6: Ashtanga Namaskar (Salutation with 8 parts):
Step 7: Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose):
Step 8: Parvatasana (Mountain Pose):
Step 9: Ashwa-sanchalan-asana (Equestrian Pose)
Step 10: Pada hastasana (Forward Bend while Standing):
Step 11: Hasta uttanasana (Raised Arm Position):
Step 12: Pranamasan (Prayer Pose):
Benefits of Surya Namaskar
- Increases the blood Circulation: Surya Namaskar includes many inhalation and exhalation processes which increase the oxygen levels of the blood. These exercises are a great technique for detoxifying your body and eliminating toxic chemicals and excessive carbon dioxide.
- Increases Flexibility and fitness levels of the body: This workout routine is a comprehensive set of 12 poses of Surya salutation which stretch, boost and increase the fitness levels of your body. Furthermore, they also increase the flexibility of the wrists, back, limbs and the spine.
- Healthy body: These exercises strengthen your legs, ankles and feet. Furthermore, the poses firm your hips and relieve the sciatica pain. They also help in developing your core strength.
- Weight loss: When Surya Namaskar is carried out at a faster pace, it can act as a cardio workout and help you lose weight. Furthermore, the different poses stretch your abdominal muscles and reduce the weight in these areas.
- Improves your digestive health: Surya Namaskar increases the blood flow to the digestive areas and improves the rate of digestion. Furthermore, the forward pose causes you to bend, which can eliminate the gas trapped in your system.
- Lowers blood pressure: Surya Namaskar is a natural remedy for decreasing your blood pressure as it increases blood circulation and reduced the build-up of cholesterol. It also controls the blood sugar levels and keeps the heart issues at bay.
- Regulates your menstrual cycle: A regular practice of Surya Namaskar can ease your menstrual cramps and relieve pain. It also regulates your cycle.
- Mental development: Surya Namaskar involves many breathing exercises which help you concentrate and connect with your inner core. This improves the mental and physical balance in your body. These exercises also reduce anxiety, increases patience and improves your stamina.
- Improves Hormonal Imbalance: These exercises normalize the activity of your endocrine system. They are especially helpful to the people who suffer from thyroid issues.
- Glowing Skin and Hair: As the 12 poses improve your blood circulation, you can see a significant improvement in your complexion and hair texture.